- Submissions can be an article, story, advice, tip or opinion.
- Text, images, audio must be original works.
- Write all submissions in short paragraphs, and if possible, don't exceed 500 words in total.
- Include as many high resolution images as appropriate (800x500 at 72dpi minimum). Our target is to have four images per submission (one lead image and three others.)
- Video links and audio files can really make your submission stand out. They can be produced on your smart phone or other device.
Stay on topic:
- Submissions should be easy to read, presented in a fun format and be on a topic related to owning, driving, producing, charging or inspired by an EV.
- Include only one topic per submission. If your article or story covers more than one, break it up into individual topics as additional submissions.
- Avoid excessive technical explanations and instead write/speak in plain everyday language to engage as many readers as possible.
- Keep the use of external links to a minimum. When a visitor clicks on an external link they are leaving EV Life ®.
- You must be the copyright owner of all images submitted. This means they must be yours, or you have licensed them for use on EV Life ®. If you purchased or obtained a licence, include complete licence information with your submission.
- All articles must be original. Do not copy from any other works unless they are yours.
- Videos that are on YouTube or Vimeo may be linked to without additional license. However if you provide a video for us to upload on the EV Life ® YouTube channel, you must be the copyright holder. This means it must be yours, or you have licensed it for use on EV Life ®. If you purchased or obtained a licence, include complete licence information with your submission.
- You must be the copyright owner of all audio files submitted. This means they must be yours, or you have licensed them for use on EV Life ®. If you purchased or obtained a licence, include complete licence information with your submission.
- Use your real name. We are real people telling real stories.
- Use a photo of yourself. Photos should be square and not exceed 1024 x 1024 pixels. If you need help with this, let us know.
- Complete your bio. All articles published will have your byline that links to this profile. Tell a little about yourself.
- Include your personal social media and web links. Social media and web links will allow visitors to learn more about you.
- If you decide to use the additional profile photo, make sure it is at least 400 x 400 pixels. If you need help with this, let us know.
- Only completed profiles will be included on the contributors page. If you do not see yourself listed, please contact us to learn why.