In the fall of 2012 I built a prototype e-bike that I code named "Public Transportation". After much research I decided to start with a public A-7 frame, and BionX XL system.
There were many e-bikes on the market, but at the time, nothing like what I had in mind. I was building a simple, elegant and practical bike that was light weight, powerful, sized to fit the rider and packed with stylish accessories. My bike was built with time tested, easy to find and repair parts, plus the modern technology of BionX systems.
My goal was to produce a showcase e-bike prototype that I could bring to market. I set out to create an urban transportation masterpiece. and I succeeded!
- Public V7 British Racing Green Frame
- Brooks B67 Honey "Men's" Saddle
- Brooks Slender Grips Honey
- Brooks Challenge Tool Bag
- Public Brass Red Bell
- BinoX SL 350 HT RR XL Kit
- Public D8 36 Spoke Double Walled Wheels in British Racing Green
- Custom Built Power Wheel
- Tektro Brake Handles with Regen Switch
- SOMA Sparrow Handlebars
- Halcyon polished stainless steel mirror 100mm Diameter
- Custom Painted Rear BionX Rack in British Racing Green
- Italian Leather Saddlebags
- Abus Lock Red
- oopsmark Leather Wine Rack
- Custom made DC Cabling
- Hydraulic Cable Fasteners
- Lumotec LED Headlight
- Copenhagen Dual Kickstand
- Chariot Internal Hub Hitch Adapter
- Trailer Hitch
- Small Green Doggy Ride Trailer
You can buy a base model now from Public Bikes in San Francisco. Many of the accessories I used on the prototype bike are also available from Public Bikes. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information about this project. And always, your comments are welcome.